- Supervised writers in the creation of three how-to manuals every month.
- Edited contributions from all over the planet.
- Laid out manuals as PDFs using Adobe InDesign
- Oversaw the creation of EPUB and Amazon editions
- Regularly wrote content prominent technology blog.
- Wrote variety of articles about free software and free online services.
- Content regularly featured on the front page of Reddit, Lifehacker and more
09/07 through 04/12
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Seeker of Solutions
Reference: Shaun Oshman
- First employee at now-prominent Boulder IT company.
- Built WordPress websites for numerous clients; provided them with training to update sites themselves.
- Regularly repaired computers running Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux for clients in and around Boulder.
- Troubleshot various computer peripherals including printers, iPhones and networking equipment.
- Handled media relations for burgeoning company.
Peace River, Alberta, Canada
- Regularly attended and covered council meetings for three neighboring municipal governments: Town of Peace River, Nothern Sunrise County and the M.D. Of Peace.
- Photographed and covered arts in the region, including a monthly feature on local visual artists.
- Wrote numerous feature stories exploring what makes the Peace Country what it is, including an award-winning series on immigrants: “Finding the Peace.”
- Ran paper without editor on two different occasions.
- Laid out pages for the paper on a weekly basis using Quark
- Regularly updated website.